Covid-19 Vaccination Status through the NHS App
From the 17th May 2021, you will be able to demonstrate your Covid-19 vaccination status for international travel. This can be done in the following ways:
- Through the NHS App
- By calling 119 and requesting a letter
Using the NHS App
Your vaccination status will be displayed on the NHS App, if all of the following apply:
- you have had a full course (2 doses) of the COVID-19 vaccine
- you were vaccinated at a GP surgery, vaccination centre or hospital in England
- you are aged 16 or older
Issues with the NHS App
You will need to register with the NHS App at least 2 weeks before your departure date. You need to create an NHS login to use the NHS App if you do not have one already.
NHS login and NHS App registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests.
For help and support to use the NHS App, please visit:
Please note your GP Practice is not able to provide evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status, this can only be done using the two options above.
Additionally, we cannot provide technical support for issues with the NHS App, but you can contact the NHS App support team directly, by visiting the link below:
Other Features of the NHS App
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. Using the App, you can:
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is