December 2021: When and where can I get my vaccine or booster?
Week commencing 20th December:
- The practices will be putting on clinics in the week before Christmas with a view to vaccinating 1700 people.
- Patients will be invited to these clinics. PLEASE DO NOT TURN UP WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.
- All vaccinations will be Pfizer.
Week commencing 27th December:
- The PCN will be running 3 walk-in clinics as follows:
- Wednesday 29th: 8am-8pm
- Thursday 30th: 8am-8pm
- Friday 31st: 8am-4pm
- Patients can attend these clinics without an appointment and do not need to be registered with a Macclesfield GP practice.
- Patients can attend for first doses, second doses and boosters
- The vaccine will be Pfizer
Vaccine patients must attend on foot and will access the centre via the Boden Street car park entrance
- The Medical Centre car park will be unavailable from 29th to 31st December
- Patients with mobility difficulties can be dropped off and collected at the front doors
- Please remember to wear an appropriate face covering when you attend the centre
- At busy times, you may need to queue outside so please ensure you wear warm, clothing.
Our Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
A huge thank you to our dedicated staff who have worked tirelessly to deliver the vaccine programme alongside their increasingly busy workload.
They have done early starts and late finishes, worked their days off and at weekends and put in many hours of overtime to ensure that we could deliver the vaccine safely and as quickly as possible.
Our positive mantra throughout was “Let’s get this done!”
We made a shout out for help on social media, and you answered!
We had 55 volunteers come forward to offer their help and from these came our truly amazing team of 25 regular volunteers who attended nearly every clinic, whatever the weather or the day of the week!
We were also lucky to have the support of 6 dedicated and enthusiastic clinical volunteers who regularly attended our clinics to support our GPs and nurses.
Thank you to our patients, for your patience and understanding whilst we were rolling out the vaccine programme, for helping us to follow the guidance at the clinics to keep everyone safe, and for cheering along our volunteers and staff. We really appreciated the biscuits and sausage rolls!
We have loved hearing the feedback from your experiences at the clinics.
Our Community Centre
We couldn’t have delivered the programme so quickly and safely without the help and support of the Macclesfield Community Centre and the centre manager who was always there to help.
We used the hall to deliver each of our AstraZeneca Clinics, delivering up to 1440 vaccines per clinic from this site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for the latest information about vaccination clinics running at Waters Green Medical Centre in December 2021.
All adults in England can now book their first Covid-19 vaccination. This can be done by phoning 119 or clicking here to book your vaccine online.
The closest vaccination centres are:
Andrews Pharmacy Vaccination Clinic
71 Kennedy Avenue
Alderley Park Vaccination Centre
Alderley Park Conference Centre,
COVID-19 vaccination status is available if you:
- have had a full course of the COVID-19 vaccine (a full course is currently 2 doses of any approved vaccine)
- were vaccinated in England
- are aged 16 or over
Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres cannot be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.
You can demonstrate your status using the NHS app or website, or requesting a vaccination status letter be posted to you. For more details on how to do this, please see the link below: